Roy Keane warns Carlo Ancelotti about Everton after Chelsea humbling

0

Manchester United legend Roy Keane says Carlo Ancelotti faces an uphill battle at Everton .

The Italian chief replaced Marco Silva in the Toffees hot seat earlier this season and masterminded an upturn in results.

However, he was watched his side completely capitulate against Chelsea on Sunday afternoon.

They slumped to a 4-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge and looked lacklustre throughout.

“We all like nice football but tackling is part of the game, the physical side of it,” Keane said after the match.

“I think with Everton, for Ancelotti this will be the toughest job he has ever had. He will be sat there scratching his head.

“People have said they have turned a corner over the last few months and that they’re a threat for Europe.

“Forget about that. Way off. That just confirmed what we saw today. So short.

“Another thing is Everton being aggressive. If you’re not aggressive out of possession, you’re in big trouble.”

In the aftermath, Ancelotti admitted his side weren’t at the races.

“It’s very disappointing,” said the 60-year-old.

Read More

Today’s top football stories on Daily Star

  • Extent of De Bruyne’s injury confirmed
  • Man Utd investigate Lingard abuse
  • Rule influencing Liverpool transfer plan
  • Chelsea ‘adopt Crystal Palace look’

“This is the first time I was so sad for the performance of the team.

“Everything was wrong. We were not good defensively, lost a lot of duels, were not compact and did a lot of mistakes.

“It is a little bit strange. We did well against Manchester United and competed against Arsenal and Manchester City.

“It is really strange but we have to analyse this and try to do better.”

Everton managed a meagre three shots in west London. They face a tough test against Liverpool at Goodison Park on March 16.

Source: Read Full Article

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here