Man Utd and Liverpool fans troll Man City over empty seats during West Ham clash

0

Manchester United and Liverpool fans trolled Manchester City over the amount of empty seats during their Premier League showdown against West Ham. Pep Guardiola’s men hosted the Hammers on Wednesday evening in their rearranged clash.

Premier League champions City have often been criticised for having empty seats despite their side playing eye-catching football under Guardiola.

It was the case again on Wednesday night, with large sections on the Etihad Stadium empty for their West Ham clash.

Liverpool and United fans took to social media during the game to troll City.

One fan wrote on Twitter: “The empty seats at the Emptihad is actually staggering!!!

“Did fans get a 2 year ban as well?”

Another said: “See a lot of blue empty seats again tonight…”

“Empty seats at the Etihad stadium.. Fans are keeping their tix for League Two matches or what?” One fan wrote on Twitter.

Another said: “Lots of empty seats at the Etihad tonight. Wonder what the unofficial attendance figures will be #MCIWHU”

“I know the game got moved, but the Etihad has so many empty seats tonight,” one fan simply put.

Another agreed: “I know it gets spoken about a lot but City fans are taking the p*** with those empty seats.”

City were slapped with a two-year Champions League ban by UEFA last week due to Financial Fair Play breaches.

READ MORE

  • Man City to sell Leroy Sane only if Bayer to agree a mega swap deal

The Citizens have already confirmed their plans to appeal the decision at the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

City fans had a stern message for UEFA during their West Ham clash, with supporters singing: ”F**k off UEFA, we’ll see you in court.”

City have been vocal on their UEFA sanction, with a statement reading: “Manchester City is disappointed but not surprised by today’s announcement by the UEFA Adjudicatory Chamber.

“The Club has always anticipated the ultimate need to seek out an independent body and process to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence in support of its position.

“In December 2018, the UEFA Chief Investigator publicly previewed the outcome and sanction he intended to be delivered to Manchester City, before any investigation had even begun.

READ MORE

  • Man City 1-0 West Ham LIVE: Score and Premier League latest updates

“The subsequent flawed and consistently leaked UEFA process he oversaw has meant that there was little doubt in the result that he would deliver.

The Club has formally complained to the UEFA Disciplinary body, a complaint which was validated by a CAS ruling.

“Simply put, this is a case initiated by UEFA, prosecuted by UEFA and judged by UEFA.

“With this prejudicial process now over, the Club will pursue an impartial judgment as quickly as possible and will therefore, in the first instance, commence proceedings with the Court of Arbitration for Sport at the earliest opportunity.”

Source: Read Full Article

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here