Not now, but for years our Indian film industry has been accused of copying Hollywood movies, songs, and even their styles. Many times we were being called some kind of Hollywood’s poor cousin. But we won’t be tagged by this name anymore as now we’ve got some proofs that’ll show how the east part has ended up being inspired by the west part. Through these pictures, you’ll get to know how and when these took place in the time.
So, here’s how Bollywood inspired International celebrities in one of the most unusual ways ever.
1. Remember that Miley Cyrus’s heartbreak song which was released in the year 2013? Yes, I am talking about the song “Wrecking Ball” which has been on everyone’s lips since then. If you’ve seen the video, you must know that she was sitting on a wrecking ball with a sledgehammer. But do you know who was the inspiration behind it? It was none other than Amitabh Bachchan who sat on an exact ball in his movie “Nastik” from 1983.
2. Every “Spiderman” movie fan must have loved that scene where Mary Jane removes half of Spider Man’s mask and kisses him after he saves her from falling to death. That scene somewhere reminds us of one of the most classic scenes from the film “Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak” where Juhi Chawla kisses Aamir Khan in the same way, but on his cheeks.
3. The 2015 film “Carol” was a perfect blend of romance and melodrama in a single plot. There was a scene in that film where Carol Blandchett walks in a red dress with shades on. That look was so praised by the viewers but little did anyone know that our Indian singer and actor “Himesh Reshammiya” was the one who did it first.
4. Yet again we’ll mention how Amitabh Bachchan was the one behind Spider Man’s iconic pose. In the poster of the film “Do Aur Do Paanch (1980)” starrer Hema Malini, Parveen Babi, Shashi Kapoor, and Amitabh Bachchan, you’ll see how Amitabh Bachchan is seen upside down with a rope during an action sequence. That’s similar to that of Tobey aka Peter Parker’s pose.
5. Could you have ever imagined that a B-grade movie can also inspire a Hollywood look? If no, then here you’ll be proved wrong as behind Captain America’s Red Skull look was our B-grade horror film “Khopadi”.
6. Jeetendra’s swag was on a whole different level during the 80s. He did many movies as well as did tons of photoshoots every now and then. In one of his photos, he wore a short which was barely visible to the viewers. That look persuaded so many including Sharon Stone that she took that look in her film “Basic Instinct”.
7. In “Dark Knight” everyone felt bad for Harvey when half of his face got burnt in a fire accident. That look reminds us Indians of the film “Satyam Shivam Sundaram” where Zeenat Aman had the exact half-burnt face the whole time which scared every viewer.
8. No one can surpass Rekha, not even Johnny Depp could. Johnny Depp may have been the world-famous Captain Jack Sparrow. But long before him, that look was already rocked by Rekha in a magazine photoshoot.
9. That Filmfare photoshoot of SRK during the late 90s where he tried to look pregnant with his basketball was so hilarious that it was loved by all. Just by that look, Arnold Schwarzenegger made a whole movie out of it.
10. Once again Rekha blew everyone’s mind when she started giving out superhero logo ideas to Hollywood. Didn’t get that? Well, obviously when we see that Batman movie logo, we recount Rekha’s look from the Stardust magazine shoot.
11. How can we leave Akshay Kumar behind while talking about famous looks? We can anytime relate his Mission: Possible photoshoot with that little girl’s hairstyle from the film “Grinch”. Similarity at its best.