Dillian Whyte says Anthony Joshua should be fighting him next, and not Kubrat Pulev, who he referred to as a ‘cabbage’. Joshua and Pulev were supposed to fight on June 20 but the fight was postponed because of the coronavirus.
Whyte is training in Portugal, where he drove to before the lockdown restrictions were incurred in the UK.
He was scheduled to fight Alexander Povetkin on May 2 in Manchester, but the fight was put back to July because of the virus.
Whyte, however, would rather fight Joshua, who he lost to in a gruelling match back in 2015.
JUST IN: Mike Tyson reveals stance on Anthony Joshua’s prediction for Ali fight
The Bodysnatcher has come on leaps and bounds since then, and wants his chance at revenge at AJ.
And he believes the fight should be happening this year, instead of Joshua’s world title defence against Pulev.
“Joshua says he wants to fight me. He just keeps talking innit,” he said on his YouTube channel.
Eddie Hearn warns Deontay Wilder not to be weak – EXCLUSIVE
Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury tipped to take place in ‘late 2021’
Tony Bellew explains why Fury is a better heavyweight than Joshua
- Mike Tyson predicts how he would fare against Joshua and Fury
“He should be fighting me and not Pulev. That’s a dead fight. Pulev is some dead body.
“Pulev is the real cabbage. He’s a cabbage with two legs. He’s the first half-vegetable, half-man.
“He’s old now, he wasn’t even good when he was in his prime.
“He’s just got a good jab, that’s it. Anyone he fought that’s good beat him.
- Boxing news: Anthony Joshua sent another Kubrat Pulev warning
“I was up for the fight, they wanted to do it in Bulgaria, we offered to fight here.
“We offered him £1.7million snd he turned it down and said I was scared.
“I’m never scared. I just want to fight the best people, I’m not the best fighter in the world.
“I’m not the fastest or the strongest, but there’s something I bring, and they all know it.
“They can say whatever they want but I’ll clock in my hours when it’a work time.”
Source: Read Full Article